U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS— Director Barbara Jackson-McIntosh would like to inform the motoring public that the Bureau of Motor Vehicles’ (BMV) St. Thomas office will temporarily close from Tuesday, November 17, 2020 to Wednesday November 18, 2020 and will resume normal working hours on Thursday, November 19, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. This closure is necessary so that the BMV can completely sanitize the buildings to ensure that the employees and customers have a safe environment in which to work and conduct business. All customers with appointments for vehicle services or driver’s licenses services will be contacted and rescheduled for later this week.
Director McIntosh apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause. For more information, please feel to contact the BMV at (340) 713-4268 on St. Croix, (340) 774-4268 on St. Thomas, and (340) 776-6262 on St. John or via email at email@example.com.
U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS— Director Barbara Jackson-McIntosh would like to inform the motoring public that the Bureau of Motor Vehicles will be temporarily closed to the public from August 17 to 28, 2020.
As Governor Bryan has instituted the Stay at Home phase to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus, the Bureau of Motor Vehicles has implemented the following protocols:
• Director McIntosh is encouraging the motoring public to take advantage of the bureau’s online vehicle registration process. During this period, the bureau will waive the requirement for inspection for any customer that renew their vehicle registration online. If customers need assistance in setting up an account or for technical assistance, please email the bureau at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Customers who dropped off documents prior to the closure, the BMV’s Customer Service Representatives will contact each customer to arrange payment, the BMV will then mail the document to the customer.
• All road tests and written test for the learner’s permit are cancelled until further notice.
• All driver’s licenses and identification card services are cancelled during this time, the BMV will reschedule each appointment once the BMV reopens.
• All driver’s licenses and identification cards that expires as of May 1, 2020, will be extended for a period of 6 months from the expiration date.
Director McIntosh thanks the community for their understanding during this public health emergency. As the bureau receives additional information, Director McIntosh will update the protocols as necessary. For more information, please feel to contact the BMV at (340) 713-4268 on St. Croix, (340) 774-4268 on St. Thomas, and (340) 776-6262 on St. John.
For up to date information on COVID-19, please visit the Virgin Islands Department of Health’s website at: doh.vi.gov/coronavirus or text COVID19USVI to 88877. #COVID19USVI